Director: Gene Kelly, Stanley Donen Cinematographer: Harold Rosson
Buy or Rent (watch online)
Original Film Soundtrack
Singin’ in the Rain / The Music Man / Seven Brides For Seven Brothers / Yankee Doodle Dandy / Elvis-Viva Las Vegas (5 Film Collection Musicals) DVD
Essential Classics: Musicals (My Fair Lady / Singin’ in the Rain / Gigi) DVD
TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection: American Musicals (The Band Wagon / Meet Me in St. Louis / Singin’ in the Rain / Easter Parade) DVD
- No. 55 on The Pendragon Society’s 1000 Greatest Films of All-Time (2018)
- No. 10 on Sight & Sound Top Ten Critic’s Poll (2002)
- Gene Kelly as Don Lockwood.
- Debbie Reynolds as Kathy Selden.
- Donald O’Connor as Cosmo Brown, Don’s lifelong pal, and vaudeville partner, who becomes the head of Monumental Pictures’ music department.
- Jean Hagen as Lina Lamont.
- Millard Mitchell as R.F. Simpson.
- Cyd Charisse as the long-legged woman in the green sequined dress and Louise Brooks hair who vamps Gene Kelly in the “Broadway Melody” sequence.
- Douglas Fowley as Roscoe Dexter, the director of Don and Lina’s films.
- Rita Moreno as Zelda Zanders, the “Zip Girl” and Lina’s friend.
- King Donovan as Rod, head of the publicity department at Monumental Pictures.
- Judy Landon as Olga Mara, a silent screen vamp who attends the premiere of The Royal Rascal.
- Madge Blake as Dora Bailey, a radio show host.
- Kathleen Freeman as Phoebe Dinsmore, Lina’s diction coach.
- Bobby Watson as diction coach during the “Moses Supposes” number.
- Jimmy Thompson as the singer of “Beautiful Girl”.
- Mae Clarke as the hairdresser who puts the finishing touches on Lina Lamont’s hairdo.
- Julius Tannen as the man demonstrating the technology of talking pictures.
Directed by Gene Kelly, Stanley Donen
Produced by Arthur Freed
Screenplay by Betty Comden, Adolph Green
Music by Lennie Hayton (original score), Songs: Nacio Herb Brown (music), Arthur Freed (lyrics)
Cinematography Harold Rosson
Edited by Adrienne Fazan
Running time 103 minutes
Country United States